Thursday, May 31, 2018

May 30, 2018

During my daily Bible reading today, I came across Psalm 46:4. “There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.”

After reading this my phone rang so I lay my Bible down. However, my eyes were still fixed on this scripture. With my natural eyes I saw clearly my earthly surroundings, however with my spiritual eyes open, I took part in the actual event in heaven so described in this verse.

I stood beside the river of life with the trees between me and the river. I looked to the left and beheld the glory of the temple on the hill of God. My eyes followed the river up the hill, to the temple which holds the throne from which it flows. 

In that moment, the splendor of heaven was opened to me. And most amazingly, the air, the very atmosphere of heaven filled my senses. I breathed deep breaths of the most pure, fragrant air in existence.

Oh the joy of being home, if only for a moment, if only with a glimpse. Selah.


No comments: