Tuesday, October 4, 2022

The Daily Scroll - Fit For The Kingdom?

Jesus called a man to follow Him and spread the gospel of the Kingdom of God, but the man wanted to take care of personal business first. Jesus knew if the man went back he would stay and not accept the call. The Bible relates the story…But Jesus told him, “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62)

How many of us heed the call to serve yet put it off and then fail to serve. Some may say, “ You know, I’m not sure if it was the Lord calling me. What if it’s just something I wanted but it was just me, not God calling?” 

Or, “What if I’m not able to accomplish what He’s asking me to do?” I firmly believe that if you have a doubt about your calling, do it anyway and God will bless you. Jesus told His Disciples that even someone outside the group, ie. not called, doing miracles in Jesus name was to be accepted. Anyone not against is for us, and acceptable. God will enable you even if you feel inadequate. Many who love the Lord serve Him out of that love. As we grow in our relationship with Jesus, the doubts lessen and faith becomes resolute. Serve Him with joy!



No comments: