Monday, January 23, 2023

The Daily Scroll - I’m Free?

 Imagine being arrested for reckless driving, standing before the judge and hearing the words, “You’re free! Your mind races to comprehend what is happening because you know that you are guilty, no question. So you sheepishly ask the judge why. And he explains, “Well, you see, there are so many guilty people, people that I care about, that I’ve decided to charge their crimes to my son. I’ll accept payment of their crimes, including yours, by my son. I know he’s not guilty of anything but since the law is right and must be satisfied, he has agreed to take your and everyone’s punishment. So I have decided that if you will accept him and what he’s done to take your place, then I will accept you as right and free from guilt just as he is. Therefore you are free.

The Bible teaches us, “God’s law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God’s wonderful grace became more abundant. So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God’s wonderful grace rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 5:20-21)



No comments: