Wednesday, February 1, 2023

The Daily Scroll - A Good God?

Have you ever heard it said by a Christian or even a Pastor in church that “God is a good God! Sometimes that saying bugs me and here’s why. First of all God is the only God. There are none above Him or even to compare. He is not one of many Gods so He cannot be a good God, He is THE GOOD GOD. The other thing is who among us is qualified to state whether He is good or not? Of course we know that He is good. The Bible says that He is good and the only one who is good. So many of us have experienced his goodness. Yet who am I to judge Him and His goodness? Now I’m not putting down anyone who says that God is a good God because I believe their heart is in the right place. I mean I’ve sang the song that says God is a good God, yes He is. I just think that we can get close to Him and so familiar that we lose the realization of His magnificence. 

The Bible says, “For who can know the LORD’s thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.” (Romans (11:34-36)



No comments: