Thursday, February 22, 2024

The Daily Scroll - Back to the Present

 Most parents dream great things for their children. We actually wish that they surpass our achievements and success. Father God is no different. As a matter of fact, He is the ultimate Father of all mankind. His dreams for us far surpasses our dreams for ourselves. He wants us to dream big! The Bible says, 

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26) Dream big!

There was a middle aged man in prayer to whom God gave a vision. In this vision he was riding a horse through rolling hills of a vast farm. He pulled up the reins and stopped his horse on a hill overlooking plants and vegetables as far as the eye could see in every direction. These could feed multitudes of people. As he surveyed all of this, God gave him a challenge. He said, “Pull the future into the present by seeing it in me.”

Unable to wrap his mind around a challenge such as this, he thought, “How can I possible accomplish this? He the remembered the words of the Lord, “Pull the future into the present by seeing it in me.” 

I can’t pull this whole dream that He has for me into the present at once, but I can do it piece by piece. I’ll plant a garden in my yard. A big garden, so I’ll have extra produce to give to poor needy families. I’ll start with what I can do and watch God grow His dream of the future back here in the present.



No comments: