Thursday, July 25, 2024

The Daily Scroll - Uncertain Certanity

 In a world where evil is called good and good is called evil and standards of truth are seemingly dissolved, truth is optional, so how do we stand? How do we get our bearings? Where is our firm foundation? The only firm foundation that I have found is in the word of God, the Bible. God’s word never changes, he never changes, and it brings about the truth that I may not know about tomorrow, but I know who holds tomorrow. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God.

As I said, God‘s word never changes and he never changes. Ira Stamphill penned these words in 1950 in his song that says, 

Many things about tomorrow, I don’t seem to understand;

But I know who holds tomorrow, And I know who holds my hand.

The Bible tells us in Malachi 3:6, “I am the Lord, I change not.” 

Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus is the same “yesterday, today, and forever.” 

Hebrews 7:24 says, “But He [Jesus], because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.

Now friends, in this world of uncertainty, we may still stand on the foundation of the certainty, of the Word of God.

Song, I know who holds tomorrow, by Ira Stamphill, American songwriter.

https://youtu.be/dNN1Z342Iao


No comments: