Monday, March 16, 2020

The Daily Scroll

PSALM 91

1. Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 

Lean back and rest as if you are sitting under a great old oak tree leaning back on the trunk, the branches above you providing shade. Take a deep breath and relax under his covering as if you are leaning back on his legs, safe, protected.

2. This I declare about the Lord : He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.

With my finger pointed to the sky I will declare, no shout to the world as I rest safely under His shelter.

3. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease

You and you and yes… you!

4. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

           Like a mother bird covering her baby bird in the nest with her feathers held by her wings. Above the feathers comes that firm yet gentle voice…

 “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”   Isaiah 41:10

5. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day.

Don’t fear nightmares caused by bad dreams brought on by stress, worry, and fear, resulting in restless sleep and sleeplessness. And don’t fear the attacks of the enemy that come during the day.

6. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. 

To fear a virus that you cannot see, that you have no control over  can become obsessive but you must not give in to it, no more than you would give in to the fear of a car accident at daytime.
It could happen but not likely if you proceed with precautions.

7. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you.

Why? Because you rest under God’s shelter, protected and completely covered. See it. Believe it.

8. Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished.

The wicked have no refuge in times of trouble. They live not under the shelter of God. Unfortunately they suffer the consequences.

9-10. If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. 

Make God your refuge! By an act of your will, stand on this promise.

11. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. 

God himself will give the order for his angels to protect you. Would an angel not obey? Unthinkable! They follow you, surround you, and protect you more effectively than a Presidential security detail. 

12. They will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone.

Uplifted.. Imagine…Angels lifting you up ever so gently by the elbows, just high enough to not stumble.

13. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! 

 No matter how strong the enemy, whether animal or bacteria, they will be crushed because Christ is in you…His feet is in your feet!

14. The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.

And why wouldn't he? Wouldn't you rescue someone who loves you? Much more so will your loving Father God be there to rescu you. 

15. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. 

He’s listening, are you calling in the time of trouble? You'll be honored by his personal rescue. Call on him. He will answer.

16. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation."

When you live in his shelter, resting under his protection, you can expect and receive long life and salvation eternally.

No comments: