Saturday, September 17, 2022

The Daily Scroll- Step into the New

“Gimme that old time religion, it’s good enough for me.” So the song goes, but is that really good for us? For the word of God says that the Lord is doing a “new” thing. And the Psalmist cries out for God to create a “new” heart within me. 

Jesus said, “New wine must be stored in new wineskins. But no one who drinks the old wine seems to want the new wine. ‘The old is just fine,’ they say.” (Luke 5:38-39)

Ask yourself, what is God doing in the earth today, and am I a part of it. It is recorded in the Bible in Acts 2:27 ’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.”

We live in those days now. Are we embracing the new or are we satisfied with the old. Is the old just fine with us. I hope not because God is doing a new thing in the earth. We should seek Him and His plan for our lives. He has one and its good.



No comments: