Wednesday, April 12, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Hope in Failure

 A young girl tries out for the high school basketball team, and in spite of her enthusiasm she does not make the team. Heartbroken and disappointed, she falls into depression and melancholy. Her wise father encourages her by pointing out her other accomplishments and successes. Soon she overcomes her sadness by focusing on the good in her life. She counts her blessings and moves forward. 

I too have experienced disappointment and failure, and with the encouragement from my Heavenly Father, have counted my blessings and found hope in the midst of failure. In the Bible God promised the following:

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:)







No comments: