Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Daily Scroll - I’m Mad!

Does this ever happened to you? Do you know someone you know, someone you work with, someone you live with, that just makes you mad? Well, human nature will come out when you least expect it and you can find yourself furious over the way someone treats you. The first instinct in human nature of course is to fight back. You scream at me and I’ll scream at you. You get mad at me so that makes me mad at you. Furthermore I’ll stay mad at you until you apologize! Well apologies don’t often come and all you do is end up making yourself frustrated, anxious, and eventually sick. God has a better way. He teaches us in the Bible:

21 “If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
    if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
    and the Lord will reward you.” (Proverbs 25:21-22)

Being nice to someone who despitefully uses you may be against your nature, but believe me in the long run you’ll have peace, and usually the other person won’t apologize anyway. Do it God’s way.

21 


 


 

No comments: