Wednesday, June 14, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Powerful Weakness

Do you ever feel powerless spiritually? Ever feel like other Brothers and Sisters in church are better prayer warriors, teachers, helpers and so forth? But you feel like you’re the least of these? You love God with all your heart but are insignificant in the eyes of your peers? Maybe you pastor a small church and as you sit in a conference with the “stars” of your group, you wonder if you and your work even matters at all. We’ll friend I’m here to tell you that you and your work does matter. Jesus poured everything He had, everything He knew, into 12 men and they in turn changed the world. You never know if that little child in your kids class might grow up to be a mighty evangelist. 

The Bible Jesus says, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” The Apostle Paul continued, “So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (1st Corinthians 12:9-10)

So rejoice in your weakness, for there you will find your power in Christ. Powerful weakness.



No comments: