Monday, June 26, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Sadness

 Are you sad today? Has life taken its toll on you? Do you feel like you can’t go on? We’ll if so, then read the words written by the psalmist in the Bible. Possibly King David.

“Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak.” (Psalm31:9-10)

Your spirit within you, joined to God through salvation in Christ Jesus, shares that sadness with God. He sees and understands. And if you take it to God, and turn everything over to Him, eventually your sadness will turn to gladness. Impossible situations come under a new light when we give it to God and completely submit our lives to Him. 

I to have found myself buried in the weight of sadness before, and I can tell you first hand that without God I could not have survived it. But with God all things are possible. With Him we don’t have to prove ourselves, our worth, or anything. All we have to do is submit our life, our will, and abandon ourselves to Him. Just like a toddler who falls down and gets up, reaching its arms up to its parent and cries for help. And when we reach up…He always reaches down and embraces us with love. He will turn your sadness into joy.



No comments: