Thursday, June 15, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Read the Instructions

The Bible tells the story of how when the disciples fished all night and caught nothing, coming back to shore, Jesus told them to cast their nets. When they followed His instruction they caught more fish than they could handle. Throughout the life of Christ we see time and again a miracle then instructions. Or instructions then the miracle. No obedience then no miracle.

Many years ago while driving a country road in North Carolina, I was instructed by the Lord to make the next right. So I went out of my way, I guess to see what was over there. This instruction came in the form of a strong feeling that I should to it. Later I learned that this was the urging it the Holy Spirit and to listen and obey. It wasn’t just a random idea. It was strong direction. 

So I turned right, then left at the next road, then left at the next road to bring me back to the highway. I saw nothing but farmland and wondered why did I need to go there. There was nothing. Then as I began to turn right to continue my trip when I saw to my left that there had been a bad accident. The Lord had guided me around that accident. Had I gone straight that would have been me. I could have died.

The Apostle Paul wrote: “Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.” (2 Corinthians 13:11)

So my friends, follow these instructions if you want the God of love and peace to be with you.



No comments: