Tuesday, July 11, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Majesty

 The majesty of the earth previews the majesty of God. For whom but God could create the highest mountains, the lowest valleys, the pristine fountains and the mighty oceans? Nature in its purest form gives us an insight into the life and character of Almighty God, and His Son Jesus Christ. For the Bible states that all things were created though him. 

How is it that when we absorb and enjoy nature, we have peace like no other place? Again, the life and character of Almighty God is displayed in the wonders of nature. This earth, and all it contains was put here for the express purpose of sustaining humanity. And not just our physical bodies, but our spirit as well. I encourage you to take the time to visit the part of nature that gives you peace and serenity, wether it be the beach, the lakes, or the mountains. 

The poet Wendell Berry, who talks about how he deals with his despair and his fear, and how he experiences grace:

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

We don’t worship nature. We worship the creator of nature and enjoy what He has prepared for us. Rest in His grace at His place.




No comments: