Monday, August 7, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Go Deep

 Bill was a devoted Christian for many years, but he had struggles. With his wife gone now more than ten years, Bill struggled with impure thoughts about other women, especially those on the internet. As time went by he was obsessed because access was free and private. He could be brother Bill at church but in the privacy of his home he struggled with his thoughts and desires. 

There came a time when he had enough. In desperation he cried out to God. “Help me! I do not want to sin against you! I want to be a faithful son. But I am so lonely and weakened to my desires. Forgive me and help me please!”

Father replied, “Dear son. You are tempted and tried with such that is common to man. I see your struggle and I know your heart. As your struggle is deep within you, so you must overcome deep within you…with my Word. Go deep into my word and let it permeate you to the point of sanctifying your deepest desires.”

And so he did, and God did.

“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.“ (Psalm 139:23-24)

“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” (Psalm 51:10)





No comments: