Tuesday, August 8, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Signs

 The Bible speaks of signs and wonders in the heavens, and yes we have been able to see some fantastic sights, with modern technology. Yet my mind goes back to my great grandfather Charles Prince, a minister who helped establish many churches in the Church Of God a hundred years ago. I can see him sitting in his rocking chair, late in life, with his big Bible laid across his lap studying the book of Revelation. (I actually own that Bible. His daughter, my grandmother gave that to me, I believe in 1977). Anyway, he had no modern technology, no internet, nothing but that Bible. Oh and the Holy Ghost to guide him. He managed to preach the truth about the end times and things he had no way of understanding. Such as how the whole world will see Jesus coming in the clouds. He had no idea that one day we’d have satellite technology and the internet, yet he believed.

So my friends I submit to you the following: Beware of teachers and self proclaimed prophets who say this and that and this means that, etc. I know that many such people are sincere, but most are sincerely wrong. Epically if a date is given. Jesus showed us that nobody knows the day or hour of His coming, not even him. He did say that we would know the season, an I believe that history and world events are showing us that we are definitely in that season of the last days. The rapture of the church could take place today but I’ll not quit anything because of that belief. We must endure to the end. Have faith, prepare and look for His return, but don’t chase leads to date it. You’ll never get it right. 

“Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign, but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah.” Then Jesus left them and went away.“ (Matthew 16:14)

And what is that sign of the prophet Jonah?

“Master, we would see a sign from thee” (Matthew 12:38). Upon their request for a sign, Jesus referred explicitly to the prophet Jonah: “An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: for as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:39–40).



The great sign is the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ Jesus. Isn’t that all that really matters? That sign has happened and so we have Jesus living within us. We’re ready. Come Lord Jesus.




No comments: