Monday, November 20, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Have Thine Own Way

 So few are the people, yes even the people of God, who in these last days will look to heaven and pray, “Have thine own way.” These days we want God to conform to our ways, to our will. They say, “ I will serve you Lord, now here’s what I want you to do.” Why are so many prayers unanswered? Simply because we pray in our will, not in the will of God. Now He will bless us, but only within reason and not always will we get an affirmative answer. Sometimes the answer is no. 

The words of this song by Jim Reeves pretty well sums it up.

Have Thine own way LordHave Thine own wayThou art the potter I am the clayMold me and make me after Thy willWhile I am waiting yielded and still
Have Thine own way LordHave Thine own waySearch me and try me Master todayWhiter than snow Lord wash me just nowAs in Thy presence humbly I bow
Have Thine own way LordHave Thine own wayHold over my being absolute swayFilled with Thy spirit till all can seeChrist only always living in me

Click below to see and hear. Think about it.

No comments: