Wednesday, November 1, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Keep Away

 Here’s a tricky one from the Bible…“Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.” (I John 5:21)

Now on the surface that statement seems simple and straightforward. But if we sincerely check our hearts, and our life actions, do we really keep away? I’ll confess that there have been times in my own life where the competition for my heart from the world has snuck up on me. Beware because it can be gradual and seemingly innocent. Then suddenly it’s got you. 

Keep short accounts with God. Don’t let sin and the love of this world sneak in. As it has been said, we are in this world but as born again believers we are not of this world. Not any longer. Heaven is our home, God is our Father, and the Lord Jesus is our Savior and friend. And yes, the precious Holy Spirit is our comforter and guide. We are over-comers, so keep away. He’s coming soon.





No comments: