Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Read It

 So I read my Bible most every day, and when I finish reading a particular version all the way through, I change bibles to a different version. For the last few years I’ve been reading it on my Kindle which is programmed into my iPad.  It’s cool because I can copy and paste scripture out of the Bible in my iPad, and paste it right into my article I’m writing on my blog. I’ve been reading the Life Application Study Bible but I just finished it. My dilemma was what do I read next? 

So I decided on the ESV. That’s the English Standard Version. The intro tells how they made it from different ancient translations etc, which I found very interesting. Today I start with Genesis 1:1. It might take me a year to a year and a half to complete it because I take my time to study and think about what I read. That way there’s no pressure to read a chapter a day or whatever. I take my time and enjoy it. I’ve done different reading programs, like “read in a year some Old Testament and some New Testament,” or other programs. 

One of the most surprising challenges was to read the Bible through in 90 days. The pastor of our very large church at the time, gave the challenge one Sunday morning and most of the church was enthusiastic about doing it. At the end of 90 days there were only 3 or 4 of us who completed it, including the pastor. I used a new King James Bible with no notes to distract me. So I read that through in 90 days. It was wonderful, like a transfusion of the word of God into my brain and my spirit. 

I recommend anyone to try it. Put it on your bucket list. It will Bess and enhance your life. However whatever the version, and however you proceed, read it! A new year…a new challenge.



No comments: