Wednesday, January 10, 2024

The Daily Scroll - A Good Report

 Everyone loves a good report. When you mow and trim the yard, and your wife comes out and says how good it looks, it makes you feel good. When your boss gives you a high score on your quarterly evaluation you feel great, especially when you get a raise. On the other hand a bad report can sink your day, maybe even depress you, regardless of where it comes from. 

As Christians we look forward to the day when we meet Jesus in heaven and He says, “Well done my good and faithful servant.” But what if He continues and explains why you’re a good and faithful servant like God said about Abraham when he died. The Bible records… “Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.” (Genesis 26:5)

Won’t that be wonderful? Jesus said that even a cup of water given in His name won’t go unrewarded. Continue to serve God in the character of your Lord Jesus and your reward will be great.




No comments: