Thursday, January 11, 2024

The Daily Scroll - Remember Me

 In 1999 my mother passed away. I was heartbroken of course, and my emotions were raw for a long time. However in time, as many of you know, the pain of loss fades and the blessing of memories increase. I now think of the good times often, and her memory brings a smile to my face. I inherited small possessions like pictures and books, and one day, while looking through pictures, I came across a picture of her that she had given to my father, when she was 16 years old. 

On the bottom right hand corner of the picture, this beautiful young girl had written…“Remember Me.” Though many years have passed, I remember her as if it were yesterday. Those memories bring me peace and blessing, and I know that I’ll see her again in heaven.

The psalmist also wrote of the Lord, “I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds. Your ways, God, are holy.” (Psalm 77:11-13)

I believe if there were a picture of God the Father, We would see His inscription “Remember Me.” He does not want His children to forget Him. We have the Bible to read and reflect on the works of His hands, the grace of His mercy, and the constant enduring love which He has for each of us. Memories of Him brings us peace and blessing even to this day.



12 


11 

No comments: