Friday, September 29, 2023

The Daily Scroll - Don’t Forget

 Frank was doing his duty as a parking lot attendant for his large church on Sunday morning. The lot was full, and services had started so he could take a breather. Leaning against a tree covered in beautiful fall leaves, and sipping a cup of ok coffee from a styrofoam cup, Frank paused in reflection. He thought,  “Am I really doing anything good here?” 

Inside, the “real” workers, teachers, and ministers are surely making a difference, but me? I’m just directing traffic. Tossing his half empty cup in the plastic lined trash can, he sighed, closed his eyes, crossed his arms, and leaned back against the tree. He prayed,”Lord, what good am I?” Immediately the Lord spoke to his heart, “Frank, don’t you realize how important your work here is. Without you here it would be chaos getting these cars parked in an orderly fashion and people would still be out here instead of in the service.”

“This is what my Disciples did for me here on earth as well. They organized the thousands who came to hear me into organized groups so that everyone could hear and see what I was doing. They helped relay the message. Like you, they were overlooked by the very people they were helping because I was their focus. But don’t you know that they were my disciples who became my apostles? Cheer up! Your work is as important as those inside the building. You are also my disciple. Your faithful work is a sacrifice of praise to me. Thank you!”

The Bible says, “For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name. And don’t forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.“ (Hebrews 13:14-16)




No comments: